Emotional intelligence is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. This course will help you to develop your emotional intelligence, which in turn will help you to become more successful in your personal and professional relationships.
Through interactive exercises and activities, the Emotional Intelligence course will help you understand how to connect with other people on an emotional level. Along the way, you will gain skills, tools, and techniques that you can utilise in your personal and professional life.
The Emotional Intelligence course is optimised for all devices and takes approximately two hours of study time to complete. For the best learning experience, we recommend taking the training in several sittings. With one months’ access to the material, you will have plenty of time to study and revisit the content. To ensure continued success, you will also have access to our lifetime support.
What will I learn?
This course will help you to develop your emotional intelligence in your personal and professional lives. You will also develop skills that will help you to recognise, understand and validate the emotions of others.
The Emotional Intelligence courses covers the following topics:
- The history and definitions of emotional intelligence.
- Developing your own fluency with emotional intelligence.
- Understanding emotions.
- Recognising and validating emotions in others.
- Positive ways of dealing with emotional reactions.
- Optimism and pessimism.
- Defining personal values, beliefs and influences.
This course will ultimately develop your ability to empathise with others in your personal and professional life.
The Emotional Intelligence course will help you to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means.
- Recognise how our emotional health and physical health are related.
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Understand different emotions and how to manage them.
- Create a personal vision statement.
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism.
- Validate emotions in others.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for taking the Emotional Intelligence course.
Who should attend?This course is designed for those who are in a management or leadership role where they have a duty of care to the people under their supervision. The course is also suitable for people who are interested in improving the way they communicate and connect with others.
The Emotional Intelligence course will be of use to those:
- In a role, or wishing to advance to a role, that requires them to manage and mentor others.
- Seeking to understand more about EQ.