Through interactive exercises and activities, The Practical Trainer course will help you understand and improve your own, unique training style. Along the way, you will gain skills, tools, techniques and even templates used by successful trainers. On completion, you will feel more confident in your ability to deliver effective training, whether in the classroom or on-the-job.
This online course is a convenient and self-led way to learn and grow as a trainer. With interactive and engaging content, you can develop your practical skills as a trainer while also gaining a better understanding of your preferred training style.
The Practical Trainer course is optimised for all devices and takes approximately 2 hours in total. For the best learning experience, we recommend taking the training in several sittings. With 1 month access to the material, you will have plenty of time to study and revisit the content. To ensure continued success, you will also have access to our lifetime support.
On completion of the course and exam, you will gain a certificate and 2 CPD points.
What will I learn?
This course will not only teach you what it is to be a successful trainer but help you understand and grow your own training style. You will also learn a range of tools and techniques to help you select, adapt and deliver effective training.
The Practical Trainer course covers the following topics:
- What makes a successful trainer?
- Common mistakes made by trainers.
- Effective ways of engaging students.
- Understanding your type as a trainer.
- The learning cycles and principles of adult learning.
- Recognising and nurturing different learning styles.
- The training process model.
- Performing a Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Developing and delivering a training plan.
- Choosing the right games, methods, and approaches.
- Creating an effective training environment.
- Essential presentation skills.
- Running the Q&A and other essential elements.
- Dealing with difficult trainees.
- Providing on-the-job training.
- Evaluating your performance as a trainer.
This course will ultimately develop your ability to deliver the right type of training in the most effective way.
Those with the knowledge and skills of a practical trainer are a great asset to any workplace; they are confident communicators with excellent interpersonal skills that know how to get the best out of those around them.
The Practical Trainer course will:
- Explore and improve your techniques as a trainer.
- Teach you important principles of adult learning and useful training models.
- Help you to identify when, where, and what type of training is needed.
- Prepare you with the tools and techniques to run effective training that meets objectives.
The Practical Trainer course includes a certificate and 2 CPD points.
There are no prerequisites for taking The Practical Trainer course.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those responsible for arranging or delivering training. The course covers both traditional classroom training and on-the-job training.
The Practical Trainer will be of use to those:
- In a role, or wishing to advance to a role, that requires them to provide training to others
- Responsible for identifying and arranging training for others